YourBase is built by passionate engineers with large codebase experiences at Google, Amazon, SAP, Twitch, and others. We united to boldly reimagine the experience of software engineering for the tech industry.
Together, we are creating a future where large code changes move fast, engineering toil can be eliminated, and the world's technological progress can move together at 10x speed.
Read about our values at https://yourbase.io/values/
YourBase is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek diverse perspectives in all forms: race, class, gender, sexual orientation, cognitive, cultural background, religious background, professional field, and many more.
What We Offer
- Flexible work schedules
- 4 weeks vacation and 2 weeks sick time annually
- Parental leave
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- 401k match
- Budget for work and wellness/productivity expenses
As a Software Engineer (Ruby), you will be improving our core test acceleration product for Ruby. You will be working in a 2-3 person subteam of our Product Development team, which has both engineers and product managers. You will be expected to:
- Develop our Ruby test acceleration technology in collaboration with Technical Lead
- Write automated correctness tests for features and regressions
- Help customers integrate our test acceleration technology in their codebases
- Review code from other engineers to encourage best practices
- Participate in design discussions and review design documents
- Track work in project management software
- Provide work estimates and present tradeoffs to Product Managers
- Present work to company regularly in Agile sprint demos
- 2-3 years of professional software development
- Professional experience writing automated software tests
- Familiarity with Ruby, Rails, and RSpec
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- 1+ years of professional experience developing Rails applications
- Experience building developer tools
- Experience working directly with customers
- Experience working in a remote or distributed team
- Knowledge of text parsing and/or functional programming
- Fluent English spoken and written.